Spading, Farmax Spaders or Roger Groocock have featured in the media and various magazines.
The following can be viewed:
- Research Digs into Spading Benefits, Stock Journal – August 17, 2017.
- Farmer Digs New Spader, Stock Journal – November 3, 2016. Page 21
- Delving deep to help alleviate spring frost risks, Farming Ahead – August 8, 2016.
- Tonnes of benefits from spading poor paddocks, Stock Journal – July 14, 2016. Page 21
- Post-claying nutrition explored, GRDC, GroundCover Issue 114 January – February 2015
Post-claying nutrition explored. Page 9
- Attention to soil pH restored productivity, GRDC, GroundCover Issue 104 May – June 2013
- Evaluation of Spading x Lime incorporation in low pH, non-wetting sand, Liebe Group 2012 Trial Report, http://www.liebegroup.org.au/publications/
- Roger Groocock A Journey in Soil, Ag Connect SE, Ground Up Special Edition December 2012
- Rotary spading water-repellent soils tested at Binnu, GRDC, GroundCover Issue 100 September – October 2012
Rotary spading water-repellent soils tested at Binnu. Page 3 and 8
Or click here for shorter version of the article.
- Spread, delve, spade, invert – A best practice guide to the addition of clay to sandy soils
This 50-page booklet outlines the issues that growers need to consider when claying. It is presented in a question-and-answer format and includes eight detailed grower case studies.
For more information click here.
- Better by the spadeful, Countryman, Dowerin GWN7 Machinery Field Days Feature, August 2011
- Making a cake, with soil, ABC Rural 11 March 2010
Read an article about delving and listen to an audio file where Roger Groocock tells journalist Laura Poole about the origins of clay delving and developments in delving technology.
Listen to the interview MP3
- Spader generates interest, Farm Weekly WANTFA Conference Feature 4 March 2010
- Spading yields benefits, Stock Journal 6 November 2009
- Clay made to pay – Hindmarsh Valley farmer showcases delving (and spading) benefits, Stock Journal 15 October 2009